BookScanner App

BookScanner App

By If Then Dev, LLC

  • Category: Book
  • Release Date: 2012-12-10
  • Current Version: 2.9.1
  • Adult Rating: 4+
  • File Size: 11.30 MB
  • Developer: If Then Dev, LLC
  • Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
  • App Ratings:
    5/5 ( 2,760 Reviews)
  • Price:
BookScanner App App Ratings: 5
Total 2,760 Reviews

BookScanner App App Description

BookScanner App is the ideal app for anyone who has to work with a popular reading comprehension system in school. How many times have you had to type in a book name to find out what level it is, or how many points the book is worth while holding the book in your hand? With BookScanner App, you can quickly and easily scan the barcode off the back of the book to find out all the critical information you need to know. Your scanned books will save to a history list for easy reference later on. BookScanner will find the quiz number, ATOS (also ZPD) level, points, word count, and interest level. Your history can be referenced from within the app, or you can now email and print the book list as well. This is a Universal App with custom screens for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad devices to fit the specific screen size - including support for iPhone 7 and 7Plus screen sizes. Feedback from parents, school teachers, and librarians is that this app is a MUST have! *AR and Accelerated Reader are registered trademarks of Renaissance Learning. BookScanner App and If Then Dev, LLC are in no way affiliated with Renaissance Learning, Inc.

BookScanner App App Screenshots

App Reviews

  • Only partially accurate

    By monicabean
    We have found that 75% of the time, this app is great. The other 25% of the time it gives a false AR score.
  • At

    By dhcbnfd
    I think this app awesome because you get to see if your air book has points a lot of points or if it has less votes and you can see if a book is AR think you and I love you
  • Not what I expected

    By maria.cee4
    At first I was happy to use this app instead of having to type every book into the AR book finder website to find the quiz numbers and reading levels. But then the students started coming to me saying that the book quiz didn’t match the title or it wasn’t on the website. So now I have to check all the books that I scanned to make sure they are AR books and have the right quiz number printed. Don’t purchase it. I regret it and haven’t used it since.
  • Why I like this app

    By SolFam6
    I like this app because it tells you how many A.R points it is .And what the reading level it is . That is why I like this app Sincerely, Emma
  • Hmmm, Dinosaurs Before Dark

    By Pattykate
    Every Junie B. Jones book I scan comes back at Dinosaurs Before Dark unless I type in the ISBN. So it appears if it can’t find a book, the default is Dinosaurs Before Dark. Tips: make it easier to search by ISBN (not have to scan a UPC to pull it up) Make it easier to search multiple books (instead of going back to home screen each time)
  • Good so far

    By tooqules
    So far this is quick and easy to use. I wish I could search by title directly from the scanner (rather than going to the website). I also wish this gave dra/scholastic levels with 1 scan. Other than that it’s been great
  • Very Helpful in Finding AR Books

    By rmharris21
    This app is very helpful when trying to find AR books for the kids to read!
  • AR must have

    By Pam Stephens Hay
    I search through used books with AR Bookfinder at my side. I have passed it on to many others and the schools now reference it for parents to use on their website.
  • Pretty good

    By Silliemilliemother
    I wish there was a place to report wrong scans. 76164 - a hat and 22100 - who hid are incorrect in you data base. I also wish it showed if it had a recorded voice. But besides that I am enjoying it.
  • It WAS great last year

    By Teachin' mom
    I’m a Second Grade Teacher and I used this app all the time, last year my students even used it with ease. It was so helpful in finding the AR level and number. It hasn’t worked yet, for the 2 1/2 months we’ve been at school. It keeps saying it can’t find the Accelerated Reader site, whether I’m using our schools network or my own personal network or any other network. It used to be great. *Revision two days later: I deleted the app and reinstalled it, as recommended by the developer. It’s working great now!!! I’m so thrilled. I took my rating from a 2-star to a 5-star!!