Storm Shield

Storm Shield

By E.W. Scripps Company

  • Category: Weather
  • Release Date: 2012-05-22
  • Current Version: 4.7
  • Adult Rating: 12+
  • File Size: 62.73 MB
  • Developer: E.W. Scripps Company
  • Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
  • App Ratings:
    4.5/5 ( 3,129 Reviews)
  • Price:
    Free
Storm Shield App Ratings: 4.5
4.5
Total 3,129 Reviews
Advertisement

Storm Shield App Description

Named by Time.com's @Techland as one of the best weather apps for your iPhone and Apple Watch. Severe weather alerts for your exact location. Storm Shield gives you storm-based alerts for tornado, hurricane, flood, thunderstorm, winter storms and other life-threatening weather events via voice and push notification. Storm-based alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. County-based alerts can result in false alarms, warning you when your location in the county is not within the threatened area. What people are saying: • Storm Shield "alerted our family of the Broken Arrow, OK tornado, faster than the TV and tornado sirens." - Robyn • "I was in Oklahoma City during the tornado... we were right in its path. Your app literally was a life saver." - dcalk12 Benefits include: • Get voice alerts just like a NOAA weather radio via push notification anywhere in the United States. • With Apple Watch, get a tap on your wrist when alerts are issued for your locations. • Add Storm Shield's widget to your Today screen to get quick access to active alerts for the first location you have in your app. • Touch Storm Shield's app icon on your 3D-Touch enabled iPhone for quick widget access. • Hi-Definition radar map is your home screen so you can immediately see what's going on at your locations. • View current conditions, hourly & daily forecasts. • Save additional locations to ensure family members stay safe. • Closings for Baltimore, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Lansing, Milwaukee, Nashville, Omaha, Tulsa. View NOAA severe weather alerts on the map to see where dangerous weather is happening: • Tap alerts to view info • Flood watches & warnings • Tornadoes & Thunderstorms • Hurricane & Tropical Storm forecast tracks • Winter storms • Marine & Coastal alerts • Radar & Clouds • Wind Speed • Snow Cover • Water Temperatures • Road Weather • Future Weather (purchase required) • Lightning Alerts and notifications (purchase required) Enhance your app with auto-renewing subscriptions: Buy Future Weather ($0.99/month) to unlock these 3 features: 1) Future Radar: See radar into the future (6 hrs on Wi-Fi, 2 hrs on cellular) 2) Storm Tracks: See how fast storms are moving & where they're headed 3) Future Temperature Map: See future temperatures map (12 hrs on Wi-Fi, 5 hrs on cellular) Buy Lightning ($0.99/month) to unlock these 2 features: 1) Lightning strike push notifications up to 10 miles away. 2) See lightning on the map within 150 miles of a selected location. Note: • Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. • Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. • Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. • Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. • No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. • Privacy Policy: http://www.weathersphere.com/privacy • Terms of Use: http://www.weathersphere.com/terms • Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable. Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company & KMGH Denver, WXYZ Detroit, WCPO Cincinnati, WEWS Cleveland, RTV6 Indianapolis, KSHB Kansas City, WTVF Nashville, KMTV Omaha, KJRH Tulsa, KTTS Springfield, KFDI Wichita, WFTS Tampa, WPTV West Palm Beach, WFTX Ft. Myers, WTMJ Milwaukee, WGBA Green Bay, WSYM Lansing-Jackson, WMAR Baltimore, WKBW Buffalo, KNXV Phoenix, KGUN Tucson, KTNV Las Vegas, KGTV San Diego, KERO Bakersfield, KIVI Boise. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.

Storm Shield App Screenshots

Storm Shield App Reviews

  • Worth the $$

    3
    By MedicRNHygienist
    I fly medical air transport and this app has been a go to for me since I started over a year ago. Pretty much spot on and alerts when severe weather looms. I highly recommend esp if you live in areas prone to rapid weather changes. Update....5/25/2018 Use to love this app but now, not so much. No more weather alerts to advised me of impending storms, etc. Also not so accurate in predicting weather changes and temps as before. Very disappointed as I recommended this app to a lot of people.
  • Solid and reliable alerts

    5
    By stiger72
    If you are wanting an app that issues weather alerts. This is the app to use as there is a plethora of selections for almost any weather event out there. With the newest update a widget is now available along with 3D Touch!! It’s not a bid deal but there is one small bug when updating the app and that is your stored locations disappear and they need to be re-saved.
  • Knott Kneeded

    1
    By Knott Kneeded
    Nowhere near Storm by Weather Underground. Guess the search is on.
  • Don’t buy!

    1
    By spburnell
    After buying both storm Shield and Snow cast the developer decided to take away Futurecast and not even use SnowCast. In order to get Futurecast now on Storm Shield you have to pay more money. Don’t buy this they’re just looking for your money there a better apps out there.
  • Map is incorrect!/ update and addition

    1
    By Grandma Lollipop
    The weather radar seems fine but the map is incorrect. Your map has our private driveway listed as a public road cutting right through our property! Okay..so now the map is correct. That’s great? But I paid for this weather app a couple years ago and now they want extra money every month for future weather?! WHY WOULD SOMEONE GET AN APP IN THE FIRST PLACE IF FUTURE WEATHER WAS NOT INCLUDED! I CAN LOOK OUT MY WINDOW IF I WANT THE PRESENT WEATHER! This app has become a joke.
  • Amazing App!!!

    3
    By Atharva Bhagwat
    This app mainly focuses on severe weather and the main feature is their wonderful radar, but I love it. There's also the normal weather like the temperature, rain chance, and humidity all in detail which is also great. I've looked for many weather apps with good radars and none of them sufficed, but Storm Shield was the first greatest one. I also tried Dark Sky, but didn't like it and deleted it the day after. There isn't any 3D Touch on this app at all, nor is there a widget, but I'm sure that will come in the near future. If you're looking at buying this app and aren't sure whether you should, buy it! ———— May 2018 Update: The app is still great and functions perfectly, and they keep adding wonderful features. My only problem is that I originally bought the app for $2.99 but now you have to buy an additional subscription for $12.99 a year in order to unlock “all features”. The reason I loved this app was because it had everything I wanted in a weather app and a radar, but now for some simple things you now need a subscription.
  • Widget

    5
    By BlueSkies74
    I love you !!
  • Not worth money. And now a Monthly Fee

    1
    By shanksterr
    Weather bug is better. Not very accurate. radar slow to load not much future forecast no lightning detection. Says 30% chance to rain while it pours all day and other apps said 70%. Had to pay $5 for app and. Is the advanced features want $2 really. I wish I never messed with this app. So many more that are better and you don’t have to subscribe to.
  • Dissatisfied

    1
    By jsnowe
    Paid for this app a couple of years ago. It worked fine back then. Now, they want me to pay $1.00 per month to see future radar predictions. All done with this app. Deleted!
  • Removed National Weather Service Audio Alerts

    1
    By NotAnExpertButClose
    Why? Could not figure out how to turn the alerts back on. Work previously, not anymore. You now have to dig into the app instead for a text version of the alerts. Email tech support and got a long winded laundry list of things that did not address the issue. The first thing developers should realize is that when reviews mention “was” after wholesale changes you have lost touch with your user base .

keyboard_arrow_up

Advertisement